Our temporary ('bank') workers - both clinical and non-clinical/admin - are a valued part of our workforce: they help us to meet variations in activity levels, cover vacancies, cover some staff absences, as well as to bring in specific skills for short periods of time.
Many of our temporary workers find such arrangements to be more suitable to their lifestyle and needs: you could work for a day here and there, for a week or for a number of months. Temporary work could be your main method of working or a secondary role. We have many temporary workers who also hold substantive posts within our services.
There are many varied reasons for working on a temporary basis. These include:
- To achieve a better work-life balance;
- To gradually return to work after a break;
- To work in an area where there are may be no current permanent vacancies;
- Wanting to earn some extra money;
- The aspiration to gain more skills and experience;
- To work for CSH Surrey without committing to a permanent post;
- Relocating from another part of the country/world and wanting to see if CSH Surrey is the right place for you.
Benefits of working on the Bank
As a member of our temporary workforce you will:
- Gain experience of supporting/providing services within the country's first employee-owned healthcare social enterprise;
- Have access to a diverse range of roles across our community services, both Adults and Children & Families;
- Be able to work full or part time;
- Be treated as an internal applicant if you want to apply for permanent jobs with us;
- Have access to NHS discounts and benefits, including the NHS pensions scheme;
- Have access to our occupational health services;
- Be paid monthly;
- Receive holiday pay;
- Have access to our extensive training opportunities.
Temporary worker pay
CSH Surrey's temporary workers are paid based on Agenda for Change pay rates and the following broad CSH Surrey principles:
- If you already hold a similar substantive post within the NHS/CSH Surrey at the same banding as the temporary post, we will match your pay point
- If you already hold a substantive post within the NHS/CSH Surrey at a higher banding than the bank post, you will be paid at the top point of the temporary post (provided the temporary pay point is not higher than that of your substantive post)
- If you don't currently work within the NHS, we will take your experience into account when determining the pay point of the temporary post.
All our temporary posts receive an annual increment, provided certain criteria are met.
Pay is made up of a number of elements including:
- Basic pay;
- Outer High Cost Area (HCA) supplement at a rate of 5%;
- Unsocial hours payments (when applicable) in line with Agenda for Change.
Join our temporary workforce
If you are interesting in joining our temporary workforce, have a look at our current vacancies on NHS jobs.
Alternatively, if you cannot see any suitable bank vacancies at this time, or would like to discuss joining our temporary workforce, you can contact our Flexible Workforce Team by email on email@example.com